Job Title: Community Outreach Worker and Data Specialist
Location: Oakland and Union City, California Schedule / Duration: Full – time/limited term Overtime Eligible: Yes (Non-Exempt)
Filipino Advocates for Justice (FAJ) is a non-profit based in Alameda County, California established in 1973. FAJ is a service, leadership development, community organizing and civic engagement organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to build a strong and empowered Filipino community by organizing constituents, developing leaders, providing services, and advocating for policies that promote social and economic justice and equity. More information at: www.filipinos4justice.org
JOB OVERVIEW: FAJ’s Community Health and Wellness program ensures that the Filipino community, particularly youth and young adults, caregivers, and immigrants in central and southern Alameda county have access to psycho-social and case management support to serve their needs as well as ensure additional culturally and linguistically sensitive preventative counseling and mental health referral support services.
The Community Outreach Worker and Data Specialist will provide outreach and engagement, education, screening and referral services. They will work with the Mental Health Specialist to create personalized wellness plans that include traditional healing practices and cultural aspects, as well as follow up with individuals to prevent escalations in mental health crises. They will work to ensure all relevant data points for services implemented under the office’s Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) program funded through Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services are accurately recorded into relevant data-bases. The Data Entry Specialists will support effective data collection, data quality assurance, analysis and reporting efforts in the Community Health and Wellness department.
- Conduct outreach to Filipino community to encourage participation and increase referrals to health and wellness programming
- Coordinate and conduct educational activities/workshops to promote community integration and self-care among Filipinos and other AAPI populations
- Facilitate community-based support group activities that promote emotional wellbeing, healthy adjustment and provide opportunities for connection and support
- Work with FAJ staff to identify, refer and assist clients determined to have a high probability of physical and emotional distress
- Collaborate with Health and Wellness team to ensure timely entry of client demographics, intakes, services, follow-ups, referrals and screening outcomes are entered into systems, and that program services are provided in accordance with quality assurance standards of FAJ and ACBHCS
- Conduct analysis of client information and create outcome reports to monitor program progress and effectiveness for funder and other key stakeholders.
- Complete scheduled qualitative data audits to ensure program compliance
- Attend required trainings by ACBHCS on information systems and reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Empathy with challenges faced by immigrant/migrant communities • Ability to speak and write Tagalog and English fluently
- Driver’s license, car insurance and access to a car
- Willing and able to travel to and reach out Alameda County-wide
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in community-based services and education with underserved populations
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multicultural environment
- Self- starter with excellent problem-solving and reporting skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively
- Strong data management skills, with ability to conduct basic data analysis from different sources
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong experience in MS Excel preferred
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to work productively and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced environment both independently and as a key team member
- Intergenerational experience/skills
- Energetic and inspired by individual and community empowerment
- Comfortable in a fast paced (sometimes intense) work environment; self-starter, detail-oriented andorganized; able to ask for help
- Experience working in collaboration with diverse stakeholders in the community
- Up to $40,000/year Benefits include medical, vision and dental
Please send resume and cover letter no later than Friday, August 3rd to:
Judith Olais at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 465-9876 for more details